Saturday, October 30, 2010

CALIFORNIA PROP 19




I’ve asked Kit O’Connell to comment about California’s Proposition 19.

In a previous post, I stated that I am in favor of the medical benefits of marijuana. I have never smoked it. However, I know that it can be used to alleviate pain for cancer and AIDS patients and promote weight gain in pregnant women who may be dangerously underweight during their term.

Treat marijuana like any other prescription and over the counter drugs that may have adverse side effects. Put a warning label on it saying: “Do not mix with alcohol and/or any other drugs. Do not operate heavy machinery.” It works well for NyQuil.

I do not see medical professionals randomly prescribing pot left and right as some people might believe. Doc, I have a headache. Here is a prescription for weed.

I trust that doctors will be responsible in their diagnosis of marijuana.

Anyways, before I go on a rant (after all this is Michael’s Rant)…

Kit O’Connell’s piece On Cannabis & Prop 19

No comments: