Thursday, September 8, 2011

NFL 2011 SEASON PREVIEW SUPER BOWL PICK


RETURN TO NFL 2011 SEASON PREVIEW


Now remember, this disclaimer from pigskin prognosticator Smooth Jimmy Apollo…

“Well, when you’re right 52% of the time, you’re wrong 48% of the time.”

After careful analysis (by a random number generator), here is my Super Bowl pick…



This NFL off-season has been interesting with the lockout. In determining my Super Bowl pick, I am looking at teams that have stability at the following positions: head coach, quarterback, and overall front office.

So…. No to a Cincinnati-Carolina Super Bowl.

As much as I would love to see the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, it is not happening this season.

Indianapolis is not going to be the first team to play and win in a Super Bowl in their home stadium.

The Eagles… too much hype. I am surprised that the Eagles didn’t do this…



Number of championships: How about zero…?

The teams that I see playing in the last game of the season at Indianapolis are the following:

In the NFC, I have narrowed it down to Green Bay, New Orleans, and Atlanta.

In the AFC, I like New England, the Jets, and Baltimore.

So… let’s start with my predictions for the Conference Championship Games:

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
Green Bay over Atlanta

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP
Baltimore over NY Jets

Both Green Bay and Baltimore will have to go through some major hurdles. Green Bay, because they are the champs. Baltimore, will have to go through Pittsburgh, which I think after some playoff defeats will finally get their due.

While there is a lot of upside about the Jets and Falcons, their roads to the Super Bowl will probably start on the road. The Falcons will go on the road, but it will be in the domes of Saint Louis and New Orleans. Their first outdoor playoff game will be in Green Bay in late January.

The Jets while tough and have been knocking on the door for the last two seasons will continue to do so until they can win the division. That will aid them in their journey to a title.

SUPER BOWL XLVI

I am going with the Packers over the Ravens. The Ravens have a lot going for them. I think their defense will carry them through the regular season and into the playoffs. I also feel that they are due in dethroning the Steelers in the AFC.

Green Bay, again… they are the champs and healthy. Being healthy is just as important as talented. The Packers have both.

Again, my Super Bowl XLVI pick is Green Bay over Baltimore.

RETURN TO NFL 2011 SEASON PREVIEW

No comments: