Tuesday, December 21, 2010

DREAM ACT SENATE VOTE & STATEMENT


December 18, 2010 10:09 AM CT


INVOKE CLOTURE ≥ 60 VOTES

YEA
NAY
NV
TOTAL
55
41
4
DEM
52*
5
1
GOP
3
36
3
*Includes two independents

The motion to invoke cloture fails.


STATEMENT:

I apologize for the lateness in my reply. At the time of the vote I was in Austin visiting with my mother and some friends of my roommate.

For the time being it appears that the DREAM Act has stalled in the Senate.

I feel strongly about the DREAM Act because it would provide those an opportunity to contribute to this country. Their parents brought them to this country with the hopes that they could have a better life in this country. We should, no, rather.... we MUST allow those that want to be a part of our American community that opportunity to contribute.

In closing, the only thing I have to say about is this: We may fight 1000 times, and lose every time…. BUT all we have to do is win ONCE!

No comments: