Saturday, March 27, 2010

CONGRESSMAN BURGESS, HERE IS WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE HEALTH CARE BILL





On Friday, I got an e-mail from my congressman trying to see what his constituents in TX-26 think about the Health Care Bill.

Mr. Burgess, do you REALLY want to know what I think?

You've been warned…

My response:

Sir,

I strongly support this health care bill. I also am also in favor of a system where we are no longer at the mercy of the private insurance companies. With this bill, despite its faults such as lack of a Public Option, I am hopeful that we are headed toward actual universal coverage for ALL of our citizens like our allies in England, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Australia, and the recent host of the Winter Games: Canada.

For a change, let us put people before profits. Let us adhere to the Hippocratic Oath that both my mother, a nurse at Parkland Hospital in Dallas from 1992-2008, and you swore to uphold. Especially the part of: "To abstain from doing harm."

My friends and I got a kick out of the Parade of No's by your fellow Republican colleagues and yourself. Mr. Burgess, "No" is not a solution to the real problems facing Americans and especially your constituents in District 26.

Thank you.

Michael Watts
University of North Texas, Undergrad, Math Major, Political Science Minor
Texas Young Democrats, Veterans/Military Affairs Caucus Chair
US Navy Veteran, 2002-08 MM2 (SW/NUKE)


That prompted this letter.


Dear Mr. President:

I just sent this letter to my congressman, Rep. Michael Burgess (R, TX-26).

The letter as follows:

(The letter to Burgess. No, I did not write that. You understand what I am saying, right?)

There are people in the great state of Texas that support the recent health care bills.

Mr. President, thank you.

Michael Watts
University of North Texas, Undergrad, Math Major, Political Science Minor
Texas Young Democrats, Veterans/Military Affairs Caucus Chair
US Navy Veteran, 2002-08 MM2 (SW/NUKE)

P.S. We also agree with the Vice President on how big of a deal it is.

No comments: