Wednesday, April 4, 2012

FULL DISCLOSURE




In the interest of transparency, I recently made the following monetary contributions to the following:

CANDIDATES

ORGANIZATIONS

I don’t make that much money, so I gave what I could. These are organizations and candidates that I have a passion for.

Yes, some are out of Texas, but I feel that we need the more of the following voices in our government institutions: we need more Women; we need more Veterans; we need more voices for LGBT Rights. And in some cases these voices overlap each other.

And of course… re-elect President Obama and get more Democrats in office.

Now why am I disclosing who I gave money to?

I am in the political arena as an activist within various Democratic organizations in the state of Texas and I dabble in a bit of political commentary with this blog. 


Without going into depth about it, the case declared certain campaign finance reform laws unconstitutional, declared that money is speech, and unleashed unlimited monetary funds into our political processes.

As I stated before, I am at a severe financial disadvantage compared to those that write big money checks to campaigns. Does that give those that have more money more rights than others?

All of our rights are inalienably endowed by our creator, not by the size of one’s bank accounts or how much property they own or how many people are on their payroll.

This is still the United States of America where the first three words to our governing document, the United States Constitution, is “We, The,” and probably the most important word: “PEOPLE.”

This country is still about its people… and that is ALL of the people.

Despite what the Supreme Court ruled in their 5-4 decision back in January 2010, this is still a government for the people, by the people, and of the people.

And no amount of money will change that.

No comments: