Sunday, August 6, 2017

THE OATH



“I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. (optional) So help me God.”


That is the oath I took 15 years ago when I was formally inducted into the Navy. This is the oath that anyone takes before entering into the armed forces. There are similar ones for when one enters public office.

If you note the first thing mentioned before any one person is the Constitution.

A piece of paper (or in this case, today it is a smart phone application) with words.

But those words have meaning

It is an instruction manual on how a government should function and be organized as well as

It was constructed by men who had many great ideas, but were flawed in many instances. Jefferson being the most notable example who preached high ideals of liberty but he himself owned people.

Many have taken this oath; some have fallen short, others have risen to the occasion.

Donald Trump took a similar oath when he was sworn into office back in January.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Ask yourself this

Who has lived up to their oath?

Which person, me or Donald Trump, would do everything to the best of their ability to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States?

And

Do you trust this person’s judgement in that ability?


No comments: